How to Submit - Deadline for Fall 2013 Online Edition
Initial Deadline (Feedback Deadline) – Tuesday, October 1st at midnight
Final Deadline – Wednesday, November 20th at midnight
To receive a short critique about your submissions from the respective critique committee, submit before the initial deadline. All artists and writers will be notified of acceptance or rejection at the same time, regardless of what deadline is chosen.
1. Compose an e-mail to email@example.com. You must submit from an official Appalachian State University email address. Work submitted from any other email address will not be considered.
2. Attach your work. Categories include art (multimedia, photography, painting, dance, video, theatre etc.), prose and poetry.
- Art image submissions should be in a minimum of 240 dpi in jpeg format.
- Writing submissions should be in doc, .docx or .pdf format.
Please note that a limit of five submissions, in each category, will be enforced. Submissions in excess of five pieces will not be considered.
3. In the body of the e-mail please include your name as you would like it to appear in the publication, along with your major, class, contact information, and the title of your piece(s). Please include the media used for artworks.
Note that we will not accept work with typographical or grammatical errors. Make sure to proofread your work carefully before submitting it. Ensure that artwork has a high image quality and is properly cropped where necessary. Five submissions per category represents a maximum, not a suggested number of submissions. Submit only your best work. Critique committees score judge submissions without knowledge of the artist’s name in order to ensure anonymity during the selection and scoring process.